About Susan Mitchell, PhD, RDN, LDN, FAND
Dr. Susan is host of the podcast Breaking Down Nutrition: Your Digest for What Works, What Doesn’t for medical professionals and consumers. From interviews with national talk radio personalities like Sean Hannity and consumer warrior Clark Howard to 19 years on the radio airwaves in Orlando, Dr. Susan is known for her straight talk about nutrition, food, and fitness. You can listen to and view some of her many segments.
- Blogs for Stone Soup
- Award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist; received the 2015 Media Award from the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Distinguished Dietitian also for the Florida Academy
- Orlando and nationwide radio experience
Voiceovers for clients
- Co-author along with Dr. Catherine Christie of three books: Fat is Not Your Fate (Simon & Schuster), I’d Kill for a Cookie (Penguin Putnam) , and Eat to Stay Young (Kensington)
- Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- PhD from the University of Tennessee…Go Vols!
- Served as consultant to Target, GlaxoSmithKlein and a wide variety of food companies, PR firms and associations
- Member of the Health Advisory Board for Family Circle magazine
- Serves on the Advisory Committee for the University of North Florida Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Contributing author to Macmillan Reference USA’s Nutrition & Well-Being A to Z
Distinguishing her from other consultants, Dr. Susan can give a dynamic presentation to 5 or 5000 or conduct a successful media tour/event while being part of the digital conversation and amplifying your social media strategy. Her expert knowledge along with her friendly, engaging and entertaining style combine to make the perfect combination for your projects.